Monday 15 July 2019

Centurions

Needed to check that the greeting I had set up on my mobile before leaving NZ was working correctly so texted Jeff and asked him to ring my mobile and we found that it wasn’t working so I rang Vodafone NZ and spoke to some heavily accented man who I think must have been in Mumbai. To say that the call was useless even overstates how bad it was - I am convinced he didn’t want to help me, maybe because we had beaten India in the semifinal, as after 20 minutes of near inactivity he suggested that I should check if it was now working and if not to call them again - yeah right!

Here is a suggestion for AT - if a bus or train is more than 20 minutes late then why don’t you refund a patron’s taxi fare like they do in Copenhagen? Is it because you would be financially ruined?

Today we went to Fisketorvet, a shopping mall here in Copenhagen. While it was well designed and with numerous shops, there was nothing of interest to Sherry and even less to her shadow so after around an hour we left to walk back to the centre of the city, having arrived by train.

Our walk took us along the waterfront to Christiansborg the building which as well as housing some Government departments also is the Danish Parliament 

A stop at our favourite Starbucks for afternoon tea preceded the walk back to our digs and by the time we had got there we had clocked 115 walking kilometres since we arrived in Copenhagen on Sunday 7 July as measured by the health app on my iPhone - well batted I’d say!

No comments: